Thursday, June 13, 2013

Book 1: Waiting for the Magic

Yesterday I started my summer reading with a book by Patricia MacLachlan, author of Sarah, Plain and Tall (one of my all time favorite books), titled Waiting for the Magic.  This book had to be one of the sweetest books I have ever read.  As a dog owner and lover, I especially enjoyed it.  It is the story of a family that is going through a bit a of a rough patch, and as a way to try and get through it, the mother decides the family should adopt a dog.  What happens next is unexpected, but seems so natural for the family.  The subject of the story is a sad one, but has a happy ending and is definitely worth reading.

Waiting for the Magic is one of this year's Texas Bluebonnet Award Nominees, an award that is voted on by students in 3rd - 6th grades in the state of Texas.  After reading this book, it will for sure be one of the nominees that I read to my students this fall.

Waiting for the Magic by Patricia MacLachlan

Chico wasn't as excited about reading Waiting for the Magic as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment